The Reflections Program Kick‐Off has begun at Celia Hays Elementary for the 2016‐2017 school year! This will be the 10th year our school has participated in Reflections and I feel this will be the best one yet!
What is Reflections? The Reflections program is sponsored nationally by PTA and encourages creativity expressed through the arts. Each year students across the country submit entries that relate to the theme of the reflections program. These works can be completed at home or school; and prizes are awarded at school, council, state and national levels. Works are judged by their creativity, originality and interpretation of theme.
The theme for this year is “What Is Your Story?”
Entry requirements follow:
1) For a student to qualify for entry, one member of the household must be a member of Texas PTA. If you are not a member, you can join at www.hayspta.com.
2) Your project MUST be yours alone. Parents, friends and teachers CANNOT help you.
3) Your entry must be accompanied with an official Reflections entry form. Forms can be found in the e‐Trekker, at www.hayspta.com (latest news tab), and the art classroom. Entry form must be secured to the back of your work in a plastic page protector.
4) The deadline for entry is Wednesday, November 9th. Please turn your entries into the art teacher or school office.
5) You can submit work in any of the following categories:
DANCE, FILM PRODUCTION, LITERATURE, MUSIC, PHOTOGRAPHY, & VISUAL ARTS
Please contact Laura Wodniak with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the Reflections program, visit www.txpta.org/programs/reflections. We look forward to seeing your work!